This class is for those who have not previously attended pilates classes.
All pilates matwork classes are run in courses of 6.
There are 34 original Pilates exercises performed on the mat.
The mat work is the most accessible part of the Pilates Method and requires no equipment other than a mat or padded surface to protect the delicate vertebrae of your spine.
There is no special attire or footwear required. You need only dress comfortably in clothing that allows you to move easily and your Instructor to supervise your form. Pilates is a technique participants of all levels will benefit from this course. If you have any significant injuries please email Galway Pilates prior to the course commencing to determine suitability.
• A good introduction to Pilates' work, especially for those who haven't been exercising and whose abdominals need some attention and focus.
• To introduce the key concepts and principles of Pilates and how to incorporate them into your everyday life.
• To improve the use of key muscles in the body.
• Focuses on postural alignment.
• Strengthening of the deeper abdominal muscles.
• To establish stability and mobility through the entire body.
The beginner mat work class is the foundation of all our other Pilates programs. Every program builds upon the information learned during this course. You will learn 18 beginner level mat exercises and be introduced to Pilates Small equipment such as the Dyna band, fitness circle, foam roller and chi ball. You will receive a full introduction to many of the fundamentals, from breathing to imprinting to spinal curling that underlies the Pilates exercises.
During each class, your Instructor will guide into the optimal anatomical placement of your body, will help you take a closer look at your “Powerhouse” and the Shoulder Girdle, both in rest and motion and demonstrate how this relates to the goal of the method and ultimately your own personal goals.